Hiring Production Assistants
Hi! I’m Danamor. I make ridiculous queer dance and festival wear. My passion is making queer people feel seen, loved and ready for a great dance party. I believe our queer spaces are sacred and a chance for our community to be bold, fun, celebratory and ridiculous. In our spaces, clothing helps us feel special, confident, sexy and unique. We’re fashion models–even walking art–using clothing as a statement of our queerness.
I opened Danamor in April 2021 after years of making ridiculous outfits for myself and friends. I wanted to bring joy to a world reeling from dark political and covid times. We need more sparkle!
Today, I have about 500 customers in Portland, LA, NYC, SF, Chicago and Seattle. They want more! I do mostly in person appointments at my storefront and manufacturing space at 811 Burnside, but am starting to move online to serve more areas of the country.
In my business, I’m now at the point where I can barely keep up on back orders and inventory (awesome problem!), and I need help producing clothing and accessories. I have a 2022 collection vision, but I can’t do it without you.
You’ll be my first production assistant! We’re going to make some fun stuff together!
Who are you:
- You love clothes, and style yourself in them
- Some proficiency at sewing, but doesn’t have to be stellar, I’ll train ya
- Queer or Queer loving
- Looking to learn more about the fashion businesses/industry
- You have fun ideas for clothes, let’s make them!
- Cut and Sew on my gorgeous industrial machines
- Working with fun materials vinyl, velvet, mesh, spandex, sequins, leather
- Creating new ideas/patterns for clothing & executing their construction
- Part-time 10 hours a week, up to 19 in festival season
- $22 an hour + item completion bonuses
- Use the studio for your own projects
- Per item completion bonus
- Work your own hours
- Dream up an outfit, get a commission on the sales
- Work for a queer-focused business
- Sewing & material training!
How to apply:
Email firstname.lastname@example.org with a fun blurb about yourself and your history with clothing. You can send a resume if you want, but, not necessary. If you’ve made clothes, send me pictures. If you love styling yourself, send those too. Instagram works. I’m open to all types of people! What’s important is that ridiculous clothing brings you joy.
Referral Bonus! $100 in store credit